Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Welcome to ACM Newsroom

Welcome to the new American Consolidated Media (ACM) Newsroom website.

My name is Rick Rogers, director of product development for American Consolidated Media, and I will be using this website to share ideas, products and procedures that newsrooms throughout ACM can use to enhance and improved their products, as well as engage with their readers and communities.

My goal is to update the website at least once daily (Monday-Friday) with quick tips on how newsrooms can localize national stories, engage readers by submitting callouts for User Generated Content (UGC) and ways to cover news with a more digital-first, print-best focus.

This is the first post... and in the coming days I will share with you some background on myself, some of the ways I plan to use my position in product development to help our news operations throughout the company in the future, and this website as a way to share best practices and success stories from the field with the rest of the news teams in the company.

So, grab your notepad, camera, voice recorder and Flip camera — let's go to work!

FYI... you can follow me on twitter at acm_rickrogers.
Or contact me via email at rrogers@amconmedia.com

- 30 -

No comments:

Post a Comment