Thursday, June 16, 2011

THURSDAY AM BUZZ: Do you need a poll question idea for your website?

Hey newsroom, are you in need of a fresh poll question for your website?

If so, don't be afraid to "go national" with your poll question because the topic could apply to not only your  local readers but readers across the globe as well.

Here's an example of a few topics that could play well on your poll question feature:

• Are you afraid of your bank information being hacked online?
     - Yes, I am taking measures to insure my banking information is secure.
     - No, I am not concerned because the incidents are isolated.
     - I keep my money under my mattress.

• Will you stop using your cell phone due to fear of cancer risks?
     - Yes, I am going to look for an alternative to a cell phone because of health concerns.
     - No, I can't afford not to use my cell phone on a daily basis.
     - I am going to consider using a heads-free set for my cell phone.
     - I am going to consider text messaging only.

• Will the increase in gas prices affect your summer vacation plans?
     - Yes, we are going to stay closer to home due to gas prices.
     - No, we plan on taking a major trip this summer despite gas prices.
     - We are not planning a vacation this year.

These are just three ideas for a poll question, and I am sure your newsroom can think of more. Please make sure that you change your poll question at least once a week, or better yet, every three days and promote your poll question in your print product as well, either on your front page or your opinion page.

No comments:

Post a Comment